Even though there have been so many updates to dental care procedures, many people still suffer from the loss of their teeth, due to injury, tooth decay, and gum disease. Bridges and dentures were the only options to replace missing teeth for many years, that was until dental implants came about.
What are dental implants you ask? Dental implants are replacements of roots of your teeth. A dentist in Salt Lake City, UT can assist you with making sure you are a great candidate for dental implants.
Who Is A Candidate For Dental Implants?
In most case scenarios, anyone who can have oral surgery or simple extractions is a good candidate for dental implants. You must have enough bone and healthy gums to support the implant. Regular dental visits and daily oral hygiene is a must. Patients with uncontrolled chronic disorder such as heart disease and diabetes must be seen on an individual basis.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Convenience – No messy adhesives needed, remains in place.
- Confidence Booster – Gives that push you need to smile big and bright again.
- Durability – Long lasting. Can last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
- Easier Eating – Works like your natural teeth, so no sliding or pain while chewing.
- Comfortable – Dental implant mold to your gums causing it to become apart of your mouth function.
- Better Speech – No slip to cause mumbling or slurring of your works like removeable dentures
- Better Appearance – Dental implants become permanent by fusing into the jawbone so they look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Oral Health Improvement – Surrounding teeth are left intact and not altered to support the dental implant. Easy access between teeth, improving long term oral health and oral hygiene.
Interested In Learning More About Dental Implants?
Are you ready to start your journey to getting your big, beautiful smile again? Are you tired of not being able to smile because you have missing teeth, or your teeth are decaying? Our team is willing and ready to walk your through the process of dental implants today.
Reach out for more information on dental implants with our doctor, Dr. Rod Gleave, so that you can have the confidence you need to smile again and show off all your pretty teeth. Schedule your next appointment in our office by Salt Lake City, UT today!